THE KEMMLING RECORD
During his decade on the City Council, Mike Kemmling has built a consistent and principled record of leadership:
STANDING UP FOR TAXPAYERS
- Mike opposed the reckless property tax increase for a community center that was rejected by 72% of Shawnee voters.
- Mike supported a sharp reduction in the mill levy to lower our property taxes.
- Mike rejects reckless spending and fights for fiscally responsible budgets focused on core services.
PRESERVING SHAWNEE NEIGHBORHOODS
- Mike supported the zoning reform to protect our single-family homes from developers who want to convert homes into apartments.
- Mike listens to residents and opposes large-scale developments that have a poor fit-and-feel for the surrounding neighborhoods.
- Mike has always supported fully funding our police, fire, and infrastructure.
LISTENING TO RESIDENTS FIRST
- Mike asks tough questions and has refused to be a rubber stamp for any project, ensuring Shawnee residents have a prominent voice.
- Mike has voted repatedly against corporate welfare and supports holding developers accountable for broken promises.
- Mike supports the protest petition process to trigger a super majority for rezoning.
MIKE'S PLAN FOR SHAWNEE
Mike has a proven, dependable, and principled record of standing up for Shawnee, and will continue championing the following as Mayor:
- Strong and Safe Neighborhoods. Preserving our hometown feel requires strong and safe neighborhoods. Our zoning and long-term planning must preserve single family homes as the core of SHawnee's future.
- A Taxpayer-Friendly Community. As the cost-of-living increases, many residents are feeling the squeeze. We must continue to reduce taxes and fees on our residents.
- Prudent Fiscal Management. Adopt fiscally responsible budgets focused on core services such as police and fire, streets and sidewalks, pipes and parks.
- Real Economic Growth. Promote pro-growth policies that lift up all businesses and boost our economy. The city should not be a piggy bank for corporate welfare..
- Leading the Shawnee Way. We must never return to the era of rubber stamps, blank checks, and no accountability. Mayor Kemmling will listen to the people and have the courage to ask tough questions and lead boldly on behalf of our residents.
To contact Mike, e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.